Wednesday 8 March 2017

NEW FIND!!! Make-Up Brush Soft Blending Background

Hello all

Well today I am sharing with you all a new tip/find to me which some of you may already do and know about.

I found this through a You Tube Video so I can not take credit for this but thought it was a fab tip and a money saver especially if you use stencil brushes and the ink dusters, so I thought I would share with all of you (Videos linked at the end of this post)

Ink blending with a £1 make up brush :O yes you read that right, the brushes I picked up are from Poundland and work brilliantly, If you are in the USA you can pick up an Elf Brush from your Dollar Store.
So chuffed I found this cheap alternative to get a softer look (you can of cause build up the colour in layers to get it darker)

So here is what you need:


Smooth White Card (Or what ever card you use to blend on)
Distress Inks (Or other inks you sue to do bending)
Make Up Brushes (try to get the full face soft brush)

I picked up two of each of the big brushes with handles and two of the small handled both work brilliantly.

Now to put them to practice


You can use any colours you like but for this one I have used Distress Inks in the following colours: Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry and Carved Pumpkin.. To get started all you need to do is load your brush up as you would you blending tool, and dab off any excess, Then just brush across your page lightly


Doesn't the soft shades of colour look beautiful and using this brush makes it so easy to blend them.


Here is a closer look at the colours



I ended up making this into something after doing the stages to show you all, so here is what I did 


I have used a Visible Image Stamp called Stay Strong and inked it up with some Versamark, I then stamped the sentiment onto the blended background and used some beautiful Rose Gold Wow Embossing Powder and then heat set it. 

I will be cutting this down and will be framing it along with more of my makes and will be putting them up on my walls.

I hope this inspires you all to give it a go and saves you some money, Just a quick thank you to KWCardDesign and Laurie Willison on You Tube for doing the videos to show how well this tip works.

If you would like to check out their videos here are the links 
KWCardDesigns - Soft Ink Blended Background

Xx The Crafty Bat xX




6 comments:

  1. These brushes look fab Kelly, I do have some clarity brushes but only 1 set so might try these 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are Tracey, I will be stocking up on them as soon as I can :D.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours you have blended here. Will definitely try those brushes. Looks like they work a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do work a treat and so easy to clean too :) x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this crafty tip. They ate on my shopping list now. So long as there are some still available 😁 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps just become your newest follower x

    ReplyDelete