Sunday 14 August 2016

Special Make for a Special Nephew



Well today is my relax day at home so I thought I would share with you all a latest piece which was made for my nephew for his 15th Birthday which was on Friday. 

Now my nephew is special needs he has ADHD his mental age is a lot younger than he actually is and he has a heart condition so can be tricky to buy for so I thought I would do something special for him.

So with in mind I know he loves his computer, Games, Making music and listening to it especially Dubstep I had one of those DING LIGHT
BULB moments on what I could do for him.

Here it is....


Products used for this were: Ink Sprays, Visible Image Stamp, Bee Crafty Stamp, Pc and Printer, Watercolour Pens, WOW Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun.

So he is a teenager who loves his music what better what to show this than doing his name in a Graffiti font. I printed it out coloured it in, in his favourite colours and fussy cut it out.

 Stamped the headphones,Parental Advisory Signs, Music On World Off sentiment, and Skull onto smooth white card and used different WOW embossing powders and embossing glitters. One of the Parental Advisory signs was embossed in glow in the dark embossing powder.

I set these to one side until I was ready to fussy cut them all out. So the fun part getting messy and creative with the wonderful Dylusions Ink Sprays I used three colours once I was happy and it was dry I then took the stamps which I had stamped and embossed earlier and fussy cut them all out, I then played around with where each peace was going around his name as that was my focal point. Once I was happy with the placements I then glued them into place.

I left this over night to fully dry and set then framed it in a lovely black 30x25cm frame which can be hung or stood.

The birthday boy LOVED it!!! and said OH Wow that is cool Thank you. 
So that is one happy nephew and one happy auntie

Hope you enjoyed looking and get inspiration from this any questions feel free to ask :)

Links to where you can get the materials used:

Visible Image Stamps - http://visibleimage.co.uk/shop/
Bee Crafty Stamps - http://www.beecrafty.net/stamps.irc
Wow Embossing Powders - http://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/
Dylusions Ink Sprays - http://www.afth.co.uk/dylusions---ink-sprays-476-c.asp

Have fun guys and be creative
The Crafty Bat



No comments:

Post a Comment